Through his medium.com page, Marvin Piekarek, a software developer at Verge, updated the crypto-community on the recent developments in the Verge (XVG) project. The team at Verge has been constantly improving communication to its fans and the general crypto community.
In the update by Marvin, he announced the following:
- The team is designing and coding the newest version of the Verge Wallet to bring the latest and greatest release yet with the following features: decentralization and security, better user experience, reliability, open source and community driven.
- The team is upgrading the Verge Codebase to Bitcoin v.0.13. This is mostly because of updated security protocols and plans for further improvements in the future. The new Bitcoin codebase offers a solid foundation for the Verge project. They are also working on integrating RingCT (Ring Confidential Transactions) to increase privacy and data security.
- Exploring the potential of the RSK smart contract platform in the Verge project by possibly adding a sidechain
Other recent developments
The team at Verge (XVG) can be applauded for dealing with the hacking situations on the blockchain with an attitude that shows leadership as well as willingness to learn from mistakes. Right after the last hack, Twitter user @CryptoRekt, who is the Author of the XVG Black paper, had twitted his belief that for every challenge or problem, lies an opportunity to grow. Another core member of the XVG team, Cees Van Dam, had called on the entire crypto community to come together and unite during that time period of the hack.
Also to add is that the team at Verge has more or less been making more partnerships and pushing XVG adoption with the most notable outlined below:
- Bamb-U Australia accepting XVG as payment for its products such as watches and sunglasses
- Audio cable company, Panchanko, partnering with Verge and accepting XVG as a form of payment
- Royal Queen Seeds, a cannabis company in Europe, accepting XVG as a form of payment
- An indirect partnership with Litecoin Foundation after it purchased a stake in WEB Bank through its TokenPay partner which is also a partner of Verge
The team at Verge is also continually thankful of the community that supports the project not only during the good times, but when things do not go as expected like during the hacks on its platform.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to give financial advice. It is an opinion piece. The opinion herein should be taken as is. Please carry out your own research before investing in any of the numerous cryptocurrencies available.
thanks you RSS